Parade Rules and Acknowledgement:
Please read and acknowledge these rules below:
Orange Township 4th of July Parade Rules & Terms
We are applying to participate in the Orange Twp Parade on Tuesday, July 4, 2017. We understand that by filing this application we are not automatically guaranteed a place in the parade. All applications must be approved by the Parade Committee. The parade will be held rain or shine.
Deadline for application is June 26, 2017.
1. We agree to hold harmless the Celebrate Community, Orange Twp Parade Committee and its representatives for any damage we may suffer or cause and to secure such a promise from and on behalf of each in our unit.
2. We agree to be in our assigned position in the formation area at the time instructed and to follow the instructions of parade officials.
3. We have read and agree to abide by the rules and regulations provided to us by the Parade Committee. All entries will follow the directions of the parade representatives and police at all times.
4. Individuals walking the parade route may distribute items by hand at the curb. Do not throw candy or promotional items from vehicles for safety reasons. We do not want children running into the parade route attempting to catch these items.
5. Paper handouts such as brochures, coupons and/or flyers can be distributed during the parade with prior content approval by the Parade Committee.
6. Any entry that includes children must have adequate adult supervision. Adult supervision is required on all floats and open vehicles carrying children.
7. Prohibited items: silly string, water pistols/guns, super-soakers, water balloons and other devices that propel water from parade entry.
8. Celebrate Community or the Parade Committee has the right to remove any person, vehicle, float, etc. not meeting the Parade Committee criterion and standards. Entries should follow the theme of the parade.
9. Entries are not to espouse controversial political, social or other themes or causes
10. Commercial business entries are not encouraged to simply ride through the parade route in their company vehicle. All entries are encouraged to be decorated according to the parade theme (4th of July) and/or in an appropriate patriotic manner.